SoftDrop for Softernet Rounds on Arbitrum & Celo

What

NOTE: This proposal is very similar to the previous proposal SoftDrop for Participants in the Softernet Round #5 - Optimism and will also be posted at https://blog.thesoftdao.com for increased reach.

To support the DAO’s mission of multi-protocol expansion and in light of Tokensoft’s recent Softernet announcements, we propose including Softernet Round #6 - Celo and Softernet Round #7 - Arbitrum participants in the upcoming airdrop of the SOFT token (i.e., the SoftDrop).

Some of the benefits of broadening the SoftDrop community and including these participants are as follows:

Given the above points, we believe that including Softernet Rounds #6 and #7 participants fits with Soft DAO’s continued commitment to a high-quality, multi-chain community.

Therefore, we propose that users who participate in helping stress-test the networks by participating in the Softernet Rounds #6 & #7 — as well as providing user feedback — be eligible for the SoftDrop. SOFT tokens distributed to Softernet Round #6 & #7 participants in this manner will come from unused tokens allocated for other SOFT token rounds. This ensures that the total amount of tokens originally planned for distribution rounds remains unchanged.

When

We welcome feedback from the community on this proposal; including suggestions on how it can be improved. An amended and/or finalized version - taking into consideration community feedback - will be put forth for voting via multi-sig ~72 hours from now. The SoftDAO will have another 72 hours for voting on the proposal, which will begin on Wednesday, 07 Dec, 2022 at 17:00 UTC and on Saturday, 10 Dec, 2022 at 17:00 UTC.

NOTE: A supplemental proposal regarding re-allocated SOFT Tokenomics will also be proposed following feedback from the community. The exact number of tokens set aside for Softernet Rounds #6 and #7 participants may be determined later with an update to this proposal depending on Softernet participation metrics.

116 Likes

Great idea to allocate unclaimed tokens from early rounds!
Many participants should realize that rounds 5-6-7 will not reduce their soft-drop for rounds 1-4.

26 Likes

A fair decision for both the first SoftDAO members and new members.
This kind of activity and encouragement will attract new adherents and followers.
SoftDao - rock web3 :metal:

7 Likes

Great news, this is a good and right idea for the community. If the tokens are not in demand, it is better to give them away than to burn them or just leave them on your wallet.

6 Likes

In my opinion, it is better to divide the unused tokens among the most active members of Softernet.

The reward increase will encourage existing participants to continue to be interested in the Tokensoft platform. And a significant award will make a noise in the media space. Usually, not the number of awardees is noted, but the size of the award

P.S. The most active participants are participants who have completed 3 or more stages of softernet

7 Likes

Great news !! allocate unclaimed tokens from early rounds is a good idea. Also good idea with double rounds (Celo&Arbitrum)

4 Likes

I support this proposal. The idea is generally good. But this can lead to the influx of a large number of unscrupulous users. Perhaps it would be better to offer it already after the testnet.

4 Likes

yes, that’s a very good idea. no one will be infringed, as previously unclaimed awards will be involved

3 Likes

Please tell me, what about those who participated from the very beginning, what should we do with them since April, we have been trying to participate in the project, but for some reason this has not been noticed, but only from the 5th round, or 6-7 rounds will participate, and in general, the majority also did not allow us to vote, at least they gave the opportunity to those who DAO to vote.
In fairness, it would be that everyone would receive by the number of participation in testnets, who passed 7 in 7 rounds, who 1 in 1 round.
I write my opinion, otherwise why ask us.

7 Likes

For me, since the idea is not very good, because realizing that people who took part in the life of the project for just a couple of days will receive an airdrop. Hence the question arises why these people are equated with those people who moved forward with the project from the beginning!?! I think that the unused soft-drop should be distributed among those who actively participated in the early rounds from 1 to 5

9 Likes

This is the most fair way making with none claimed tokens. I like this propasal and i am with you. This is encourging the community members

2 Likes

Отличная идея я полностью поддерживаю такое справедливое предложение, мы заинтересованы, чтобы наше сообщество росло и для этого на ранних этапах нужно мотивировать вновь прибывших

2 Likes

Very good idea!! I think we need to do it! If we do it our comunite may to be more bigger! And new persons will come to do it task

2 Likes

great offer. I generally support. I hope everyone understands that the community is an integral part of any project.

3 Likes

I like this idea, new members of our big communite have good chance!! I think we need to do it! And all persons of our preveous communite need to do it too

1 Like

Very smart and professional solution! to bring new people into the community, to give new people the right to fully exist in the soft dao community! For the old members of the community, no hard feelings, plus the joy in the growth of the community. Everyone is happy ! I respect professional approaches for the common good of the community! :raised_hands:

2 Likes

The whole proposal is perfectly formulated! Justice comes first :heart_on_fire: I am sure our community will fully support this course :handshake:

2 Likes

Overall proposal is great

:green_circle: Your vision is great to expand multi-protocol.

:green_circle: User will be more familiar with Tokensoft’s platform via many Softernet’s participation.

:red_circle: As per faucet request process, it’ll will be great if the team have more choices to access. Because the liquidity of some website was gone.

:red_circle: It will be great if your team can inform us about the max capacity per sales per person in each round.

19 Likes

Very smart and professional solution! to bring new people into the community, to give new people the right to fully exist in the soft dao community! For the old members of the community, no hard feelings, plus the joy in the growth of the community.

2 Likes

Great news !! allocate unclaimed tokens from early rounds is a good idea. Also good idea with double rounds

1 Like