SoftDrop for Participants in the Softernet Round #5 - Optimism

This blog post will also be posted in The SoftDAO blog for increased reach.

What

To support the DAO’s mission of multi-protocol expansion and in light of Tokensoft’s recent announcement, we propose including Softernet Round #5 on Optimism participants in the upcoming airdrop of the SOFT token (i.e., the SoftDrop). The benefits of broadening the SoftDrop community to include these participants are as follows:

• The Optimism ecosystem is rapidly expanding, implementing top DeFi protocols, infrastructure, on/off ramps, etc.
  • Optimism is onboarding new users & increase user activity without security degradation & with decreased gas costs
  • Optimism shares Ethereum’s ethos as a free open-source project
  • Including Softernet Round #5 participants fits with continued commitment to a high-quality, multi-chain community

Users who participate in helping stress test the network deployment by participating in the Softernet Round as well as providing user feedback will be eligible for the SoftDrop. Tokens distributed to Softernet Round #5 participants in this manner will come from the remaining, unused tokens allocated for the Friends & Family Round. This ensures that the total amount of tokens originally planned for distribution rounds remains unchanged.

When

We welcome feedback from the community on this proposal; including suggestions on how it can be improved.

An amended, finalized version - taking into consideration community feedback - will be put forth for voting via multi-sig ~48 hours from now. The SoftDAO will have another 48 hours for voting on the proposal, which will begin on Thursday, November 25 at 03:00 UTC, and end on Saturday, November 27 at 03:00 UTC.

A supplemental proposal regarding re-allocated SOFT Tokenomics will also be proposed following feedback from the community. The exact number of tokens set aside for Softernet Round #5 participants may be determined later with an update to this proposal depending on Softernet participation metrics.

194 Likes

attracting additional participants is very good for the DAO and the development of the project. I would like to get more drops, but these are personal desires. development development and only development

6 Likes

Great idea to include a Round 5 on Optimism!
Very good allocation of the unused tokens for friends and family round

9 Likes

Adding expanding ecosystem seems good idea at first glance
Since it won’t be done at expense of community members who are already eligible for airdrop, I like it

1 Like

A good idea and another chance for those who have recently joined the community to become part of it and develop the project together

1 Like

If I understood correctly, if it will be a separate allocation and a separate list of participating addresses, then I agree with such a decision and support it.

3 Likes

I belive i can fly

A good idea and another chance for those who have recently joined the community to become part of it and develop the project together

3 Likes

Excellent idea! It will attract additional users and will help the present community to increase their opportinities. Great job!

2 Likes

Agree. But you are approved more drop for other activities. Drop for participants 1-4 rounds, now drop for 5 round of testnet, and remember of CREW rewards… Only rewards)) Much positive on this market))

4 Likes

Sure, it’s really good proposal. Thanks Tokensoft team for everything you do for your community!!! Good job!

4 Likes

I find it very useful for the growth of the community, but this allocation should not affect us who support the project from the very beginning.

2 Likes

In term of expanding of community and to add extra interest for newcomers - it would be nice decision. But I think that amount of drop for the participants of only 5th stage must be separated from others, who had done previous tasks for drop. At least it would be fairly

2 Likes

Good one. Not sure if we could have another round for another L2? Anyway on Optimism is really a good start. Exciting! Appreciate it team :two_hearts:

4 Likes

Totally disagree, they are not early supporters. Also it is more attractive for sybil attackers and wallet farmers

1 Like

:white_check_mark: Round 5

I think it will be great opportunities to open the Softernet Round#5 Optimism to make more familiar to any users with TokenSoft platform.

:white_check_mark: $SOFT Airdrop

Thank you so much for listening the community feedback. I’m agree with you about incoming proposal within this week. Let’s grow up this project together.

23 Likes

It is great opportunity to run on optimism ecosystem because high performance chain, lower gas fees and fast expanding

The arbitrum one is also good to try.

1 Like

Good for those who have recently joined the project to part of it ant support it’s develipment. It is good for the reputation, taking care of the community :+1:

1 Like

Good Idea , Optimism is one of the best solutions in real market, we have to try anyway and let’s grow up this project together. We are strong community and must support to each other.

1 Like

I fully support this proposal, as i think unboarding new members is a good thing !
(myself am new here but long time user of tokensoft).

1 Like

not bad. I would prefer you to solve the earlier problem, which is swept under the rug for now. is watching closely

1 Like