Airdrop for the community

Hello everyone!
Airdrop is an integral part of the interaction of web 3 projects with their community. Therefore, I think that for any airdrops in the DAO, you need to apply the principles and solutions from the article “The Soft Drop” in order to secure the community and make it more fair.
It is also desirable that the projects that the DAO will support and finance adhere to the same point of view, it is even possible to fix it legally.
I publish the principles and solutions from the article below.
I suggest that the community support this.

Airdrop Pitfalls

The primary metrics that determine capital allocation are based on calculated annual gains. And while the rewards shift on shorter cycles — typically 3 months — this capital comes in based on the expectation of generated value.
In order to realize those gains — which are denominated in the protocol’s token — they must settle them into dollars.
The resulting behavior is that capital-allocating users sell the token resulting in downward pressure on token price discovery. Should this be surprising? No, but many projects are surprised or taken aback when this occurs.

Whales

Whales can also carry an outsized impact on price discovery:
In an airdrop, recipients have incentive to dump their tokens upon receipt to realize marketed or perceived gain.
If the recipient waits, the market can move against them. What happens in this case? The selloff places widespread downward pricing pressure on the token.
This is especially true with whales who can have a greater price impact.

“Tourists”

Most airdrop recipients may also carry no long term interest in using the product. The Handshake airdrop was made available to active developers on Github and to active PGP users. While the Handshake airdrop was well-scoped, the recipients were not educated on the protocol nor interested in engaging. If the recipients do not go through the process of organic discovery and engagement its likely that they will approach the What’s more likely to occur, is that these users will not go through an organic funnel of discovery and engagement It’s more likely that if these users don’t go through the process of organic discovery and engagement, they will simply be apathetic to the potential to claim the airdrop.

The Soft Drop

The best solution is a simple one. In this case, we incorporate previously successful mechanisms and apply them to the primary underpinnings of the Soft Lock:

• Contribution Caps — The ability to set a cap on how much can be LP’d
  • Price Locks — The ability to lock a token until it hits a certain market price
  • Time Locks — The ability to lock a token for a specific period or time

The primary reason to layer on any of these is to repel partipants that may have an unfair advantage due to the amount of capital they bring.

Whale Prevention
Whales, sometimes referred to as mercenary capital, can gain an unfair advantage in soaking up additional tokens at the expense of general users. In order to ensure an outsized number of tokens doesn’t go to a single early investor or to whales that view ownership of the token transactionally. Sybil resistant contribution caps can help prevent this from occurring.

Tourist Prevention
Yield tourists can come with smaller amounts of capital but in great numbers. Apathetic frens can create a noisy community due to their lack of understanding of the product they are using, and their tendency to dump the coin will be much higher.

Regardless of the token emission channel, it’s important that token holders are engaged for the longer term in an effort to bring the greatest benefit to the community.
These simple mechanics are designed to filter out any community members that may carry a shorter term, transactional perspective.

50 Likes

Very convincing! I especially agree that you need to involve people in the project by using this airdrop, so it will be beneficial for both the project and the user!

10 Likes

I would like more specificity in the proposal. What exactly do you propose for the allocation of the aydrop, you can point by point!

8 Likes

I propose a distribution according to the parameters that users should fall under :

1. followers and users who have made a real useful contribution to the development of the project (criteria at the discretion of the team)
  2. testnet participants
6 Likes

Airdrop is very good, but it would be very cool if there were some kind of interaction with the token after, and not just what they gave, sold and forgot.

3 Likes

Airdrop for the community -This is very good news!! I hope that everyone who deserved this drop contributed to this project.

2 Likes

support!I would like more specificity in the proposal. followers and users must made a real useful contribution to the development of the project

2 Likes

Прикольно! Столько разных ништяков: The Soft Drop, “Tourists”, Whales, Airdrop Pitfalls. Заряжаемся!

2 Likes

Isn’t it unfair to those who participated in the sale with a polkadot wallet before?? This should be fixed and the polkadot wallet added to the profile.

2 Likes

I support the project, I am glad that they give bonuses for activity) Personally, this is a long-term interest for me, because I participate in IDO on the platform and will continue to participate, it is getting more interesting!

2 Likes

I think you are right, the airdrop needs to go to people who are really involved in community building

2 Likes

Airdrop is a great news that greatly pleased me and inspire many of our community in such a non -simple bear market. Will give a resource for further work in these conditions. Success and good luck to us.

2 Likes

Airdrop is cool, a new breath of air! I really hope that the project will achieve high results. I wish the team good luck.

2 Likes

Everything is painted correctly. But there will always be a part that will fall into a certain percentage of people who are engaged in activities solely for the sake of speculation. And this percentage needs to be minimized, but it is impossible to remove it at the moment.

2 Likes

totaly agree, the 1 month lock ànd 2 years of vesting will make the community spend more time paying attention to the project

4 Likes

Так что как в итоге получить дроп SOFT, его получат только те кто участвовал в тестнете от токенсофт?

2 Likes

А кто его еще должен получить-то? Дроп-то за тестнет, поэтому и должны тестеры получить) За одни эти постоянные формы после раундов они должны поощрить :joy:

3 Likes

Yep. Airdrop is very good, but it would be very cool if there were some kind of interaction with the token after, and not just what they gave, sold and forgot.

2 Likes

agree! would like more specificity in the proposal. support the project, I am glad that they give bonuses for activity

2 Likes

Очень крутое мероприятие. Я надеюсь, что Tokensoft будет развиваться быстрее. Я рад принять участие в проекте. Спасибо команде.

2 Likes